Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend Recap Tulsa State Fair

   I hope you had a great weekend we had an eventful one again this week.  Friday we headed home to stay with my parents so we could leave early for the Tulsa State Fair Saturday which took most of the day then Sunday we did our normal routine of relaxing and hanging out with friends.

   Friday when Hubby got home from work we loaded up the car and Tesla and headed out for the almost 3 hour drive. She is great in the car thankfully and just sleeps. Once we got into town we got to see some friends that we haven’t seen since the wedding! Which is way too long. Then headed out to the loved Guido’s for some pizza we can’t get down here.

Waiting on our Pizza to get out

Just riding riding in her cage
   Saturday we took Tesla over to Hubby’s Grandmas and headed out with my parents to the fair! This is a regular tradition of my family and Hubby has gone the last few years with us. Last year he asked my Dad if he could marry me while we were there and the next day we were engaged! We got to eat fair food which for us is corndogs and a fried Twinkie. Twinkie was actually better than I expected.

Yummy Twinkie

We walked around the buildings with all the vendor set up and even got some great dip mixes. We walked around the sugar art show that is there, last year we got to see Kerry Vincet as she was judging. Now that’s not a big deal unless you watch a lot of Food Network Challenges then you know who I’m talking about and I just think she’s awesome. Here are a few of our favorites.

Cute little Star Wars cake

Dr. Who fans cake

I really loved this one with the different layers

It's hard to tell but this one has a light pink and white icing
I thought it was so pretty


   We ate lunch before we left, at the best coney place ever, Jim’s Never on Sunday Coney Island! IF your in Tulsa you have got to try them out they have coneys that are simple and great, they also have gyros which are delicious as well. You just have to go try them out.

   We got back to town and headed to test drive an insanely powerful car that we decided was not for us. Then we went out to the Hubby’s parent’s house to see the neighborhood and get some yummy chili before we headed back down.  It was great to see everyone.

   Sunday was just a day of relaxing and seeing friends, oh and I got a new phone that will give epic pictures that I can not wait to show you all.


Here's a cute sideways video of Tesla playing with ice. 



I wish you all a great week and hope to see you back Wednesday for a yummy recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment