Friday, September 5, 2014

Top 5 Kitchen Must Haves





I’m sure there are many more then 5 things I wouldn't want to do without in my kitchen but this is my top five that I could not cook without. 

  • Cast iron skillet- once seasoned this can be used to make so many different things from baked beans to cornbread and even cakes. We were just able to get ours but I love it.




  • Kitchen aid mixer- expensive I know but I got mine two Christmas’ ago and I could not live without it now. Going from a hand mixer where I couldn’t do anything other than mix to being able to walk away and get the other ingredients ready, was awesome.  I make cookies, cake, bread, icing and anything that needs mixing in it and just love love love it.




  • Good knife set- there are many different brands of knifes and as long as you find one that you like your good. My set is actually one my husband had before we were married and is a Wolfgang Puck set. It has a chefs knife, paring knife, bread knife, kitchen scissors, boning knife, carving knife,  sharpening steel, santoku knige and 6 steak knives. A good sharp knife is very important to cooking.




  • Silicone spatula- I love the one piece silicone spatulas I have two now and plan to get more. I have one that looks like a typical spatula and one that is a cross with a spoon. I like these because with it being one piece there is less chance of bacteria growth, in a typical spatula the silicone piece comes off the handle and there is a perfect space for bacteria to grow and contaminate your food.





  • Wok – this may seem like an odd one but we cook Asian foods at least twice a month typically more and without a good wok it would not be the same.  We were lucky enough to get a good one as a wedding gift, our old one had been used enough that the bottom was pretty burned and giving an off flavor to our foods.  If you don’t cook much Asian foods this may not apply to you as much but you should give cooking it a try and then get a Wok to make it even better, you can get them relatively inexpensive at Wal-Mart. 


Agree with my list? Have something you would add to it? Let me know what you think in the comments. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment