Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Recap- Cinnamon Roll Recipe


   I hope everyone had a great weekend, I did! The In-Laws came over for the first time and got to see our town, then I took a trip home to go to a baby shower to honor some close family friends. It was an eventful weekend and I am still recovering from all the driving.

   Friday evening Hubby’s wonderful parents came down and spent the night we had so much fun. Hubby made some of the best stakes ever and grilled some awesome asparagus that we all loved. We took them on a tour of the town and even hit up a farmers market that I had no idea was there and I can’t wait to make it a regular stop on the weekend. Saturday morning I made homemade cinnamon rolls that turned out soooo stinking good I just have to share them with you.  First though read what I else I did this weekend.

Yummy gooey amazingness!
   Saturday night I made the three hour drive up to home so I could go to the baby shower Sunday. Before we left for the shower though I had some time to go to my home church and visit the kiddos that I had in class for 3 years and all my friends there. It was awesome I have missed them all so much and service was awesome and I wish we could just drive there every Sunday to hang out because there is nothing like it here that we have found. I hung out with my parents then mom and I headed out to meet our car buddies to head to Joplin. I have worked with one of the ladies and was excited to see her again, the other one I have known forever and she through me such a great wedding shower and I hadn’t seen her since the wedding so it was great to catch up. When we got to Joplin it was time to baby party it was great to see some old friends and see the new little baby. She is just the cutest little thing and such a good baby. Once we got back home it was time for me to make the drive back.

Ms. Kailey Anne Garr
isn't she just perfect!


   It was our first time since we got married to spend the night apart and a full day it was strange, and the poor dog actually missed me while I was gone.  Hubby was awesome though he cleaned the house and made everything look great, bought my favorite ice cream, and made dinner and had it ready right after I got home. It was awesome, he is just the best!

Now for that cinnamon roll recipe.  This is a recipe that I got in my baking class with a few changes.  It can be made the night before and refrigerated if you want.

90 Minute Cinnamon Rolls

Dough-
¾ cup milk
¼ cup butter-softened
3 ¼ cup flour
2 ½ tsp yeast (one pack)
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ cup water
1 egg

Filling-
1 cup brown sugar
1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
½ cup butter- softened

Directions-
Heat milk in saucepan until it boils, remove from heat add butter
Let it cool until 110° or below add the yeast and sit aside until the yeast dissolves and it bubbles a little
Combine 2 ¼ cup flour, sugar salt and mix well
Add water, egg and milk mixture and mix well
Add the other flour half cup at a time until soft dough forms
Turn onto flour service and knead until smooth about 5 minutes
Cover the dough and let rest 10 minutes

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and softened butter for the filling
Roll our the dough into a rectangle about 12”x 9”
Spread the brown sugar mixture evenly over the dough ( I used a cake icing spatula)
Tightly roll the dough and cut into 12 equal pieces ( I got 15)
Place the rolls in a baking pan ( I used cake pan) you want them touching
Cover and let double about 30 min. This is where I put them in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven 375°
Bake for 20 minutes or until browned and gooey looking

Add icing if you want but they really do not need it

A thin layer all over is good perfect. 

When you roll it up make sure that you roll the long side
k
Delicious pan of Cinnamon Rolls
that are perfect right out of the oven



Gives these a try and let me know how they turn out. I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment