Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pork and Creamy Rice

Last night I made a dish that I have eaten most of my life and love, Hubby had never had it and is not a fan of a couple of the ingredients. I was convinced though that he would enjoy it so I made it anyway.  To me this just says comfort its simple and yummy, what can be better then pork chops and creamy rice.


Seriously it doesn’t get any simpler than this. You need pork chops, minute rice, cream of mushroom soup, and some salt and pepper.  First thing I did was make the rice I made 4 cups cooked rice. Add the 1 can of soup and mix well. 

Then season flour with salt and pepper and coat both sides of thin pork chops, the ones with the little bones in it, so they are thinly covered. Take a tablespoon of oil and heat in a pan. Brown the pork chops on both sides about 2-3 minutes per side. I had five so I had to them in batches. Just place them on a plate while finishing the others.

Take the rice and put it in the bottom of a baking dish then put the pork chops on top cover with foil and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. 

Now this sounds pretty basic but the magic happens when its baking the juices and grease from the pork chops combine with the rice and it has a flavor other then just cream of mushroom.

Amazingness in a pan!


I served it up with the roasted green beans that my non veggie eating Hubby actually enjoyed a lot! 
I will share more about these on Friday and I promise that your picky eaters will love them. 




Do you have a recipe that reminds you of home and just makes you happy to eat? I would love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment