Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Stuffed Shells

If you haven’t noticed I love pasta. I mean it’s not like oh yes I like to eat pasta from time to time, NO I would eat it every day if carbs weren’t so bad for you. I LOVE PASTA! Ok now that that’s cleared up, I also enjoy quick easy clean dinners. Well pair these two up and you get these stuffed shells.


You can do these almost however you want. This time I just used hamburger meat, and my red sauce. Making the red sauce takes some time but its very much worth it. If you don’t want to make a sauce just take any jar sauce you like and use that instead. Simple. Easy. Yummy!

Sauce of choice
12-16 jumbo shells
pound of ground beef
Bag of Italian blend Cheese

Make (or open) your sauce as usual. Here is my Red Saucerecipe.

Cook jumbo shells

Brown up the ground beef and add a little over half the sauce to it. I added in a couple handfuls of Italian Blend cheese and mixed it up so it was thick and would stick together.


Make a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of your baking dish. Take a shell stuff, add in a spoonful of your meat mixture. Repeat with all your shells I got 12 to fit in my dish.



Cover with cheese then the rest of your sauce. Then more cheese on top.



Bake at 350°F for a15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and everything is heated through.
Dish up with some garlic bread and you’re all set. 

We got into it before I remembered to take a picture.

Clean up was easy for me because I baked in a dish with a lid so I just let it cool and stuck it in the fridge and washed the plates. All done.


What kind of easy pastas do you reach for when you want a quick dinner?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good. This recipe makes me wish we weren't gluten- and dairy-free! I do miss cheese and pasta sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could make it without pastas of some kind, and dairy my only problem would be cheese...oh and ice crea, haha. I know there are a few different gluten free pastas, I have tried a rice spaghetti that isn't too bad. I need to make a few recipes that are gluten free :)

      Delete