Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall Decorating

   Happy Friday its fall! I have been waiting and waiting to get my decorations up until it cooled down a little bit. Finally this week I couldn’t hold it in any more. I got my kitchen table done and after tomorrow I will have my front porch done.

   I went to Walmart and got a small pack of leaves, a little bag of pine cones and pumpkins, and another bag of pine cones with little gourds.  I also found this adorable glass pumpkin that was only $3! I also grabbed a couple electric votives to add a little ambiance to the table. 

  


Isn't it so cute! I love it 
 At home I had some extra burlap, a vase, some cute little platters, and some of my mother in law's extra decorations that she gave me. This is what came together.


I really love the way the pumpkins look in
the vase as filler. 
   
   Tomorrow I will go to a local farmers market that has a booth with lots of adorable little pumpkins and tiny gourds that I can’t wait to add to the table. And some big ones for the porch and maybe I’ll find something for the coffee table to add a little more fall to the house.

UPDATE here are some pictures once I got the pumpkins and of the front porch.



I love my little scarecrow! The pumpkins
are cute too.
  I also have some acorns that I am prepping so that I will be able to use as decorations. I hope to have a tutorial ready for next week.

   I love that fall brings cooler weather and with that sweaters, boots, hats, comfort foods and lots of soups. I am so glad its finally here, hopefully to stay, I love the smell of cold in the air. That may sound crazy but I bet you know what I’m talking about.


   What do you do to bring fall to your house? Is there a special smell or item that just makes you think of fall. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a TWG (typical white girl) that likes the Leaves from Bath and Body Works!. Love all the pumpkin and "warm" scents too. And I decorate too! Now I need to get my Fall stuff out. Adore yours.

    ReplyDelete