Friday, October 17, 2014

Chicken Marsala

   Hey all this is my favorite meal, I have a few favorites really but this would probably be at the top. Now before very recently I had to go to Olive Garden to satisfy my need for it but now, now I can make it on my own and it’s almost just as good. Only almost because I don’t have the minestrone and bread sticks to go with it. 

   The first time I had this outside of a restaurant was when Hubby and I were dating and he made it for my birthday. It was delicious! We’ve only had it a few times and usually I have him make it but this time I gave it a try and realized it’s a very simple recipe.  So let’s get to it.


Chicken Marsala

Printable Recipe
2 chicken breast, cut in half and pounded flat
Flour
Salt and pepper
¼ cup oil
8 ounces mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
½ Marsala wine or cooking wine
½ cup chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
Parsley for garnish if you want

Thin spaghetti or pasta of your choice

Place your water on to boil for your pasta and remember to cook it while you are doing the rest of the recipe.

Taken in case you wanted to know what
a pot of boiling pasta looks like ;)

To flatten breast out lay them on a cutting board with plastic wrap over them and pound flat using what ever device you wish I use my hand, they need to be about a quarter inch thick. Dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.

That's two breast I'm just really bad at cutting and have a sliver of a 'half''
that's more like a quarter

Heat the oil until it is just before smoking. Pan fry until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remember to not crowd the pan.   Remove the chicken and set aside.


YUMM

Lower the heat a little, add the mushrooms and saute until they are brown and have shrunk a lot and lost their moisture. Should be about 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add marsala to the pan and bring to boil and let sit for about a minute. Add the chicken stock and simmer to reduce. Stir in the butter. If you want it a little thicker mix some cornstarch with warm water and add to the sauce a little at a time stirring until desired thickness is obtained. Add chicken back in and let it warm back up.

Sliced mushrooms before 

As it is boiling down. Just so good looking.

Serve over the spaghetti with mushrooms and sauce on top. Garnish with parsley if you wish


NOTE: I reduced mine down a bit far and didn’t have much left over after adding it to the spaghetti. So you may want it to not be as thick OR you can just use a cup of wine and stock

   That’s it! Super easy right? You can make this in about 20 minutes and it taste like you took a lot of time preparing a fancy dinner. Do you like Chicken Marsala? Have you made it before?   Do you have a minestrone soup recipe that I should try I would love to hear from you.

   Today is my very first time substituting and it is with 2nd graders wish me luck and be on the lookout for a recap of my day and how nervous I was next week. Have a fabulous weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment