Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Weekend Recap

This is a tad late sorry! I have been busy dealing the dog, writing, house work and working on other stuff. Last weekend was great we realxed hung out and had a weekend full of great food!

Friday was the night I baked my first chicken. Now this is a surprising realization to me because I have cooked and baked and done very many surprising things with a lot of different foods, including de boning and skinning a chicken , grinding it up and then mashing it together and boiling it, but never baked a whole chicken.  My mom always did that and she is great at it so I asked her what I needed to do, its surprisingly easy and it turned out great! We hung out watched some TV and just enjoyed each other.

Saturday we went to Little Rock to get some shopping done, really I just wanted to try and spend my gift cards. We ended up just getting a dish drying rack that we really needed, so it satisfied my need to buy something...for now ;). That evening I made Char Sui pork with rice and dumplings. Recipe on Wednesday! It was soooooo stinking good I was impressed.

Sunday it was a cold rainy day and a perfect day to make Chicken and Dumplings made with left over chicken and the bones from the chicken I baked Friday, you can make a ton of stuff from one chicken! As I was making the stock I was just about ready for a nap and my calendar alarm went off saying I had CPR training in 30 minutes. Its a good thing it did that because I had completely forgotten about it. I spent 4 hours learning how to save adults and children if their heart stops or they are choking. Now technically I can do it I know the steps, would you want me to be the one to save you well if I'm the only one around that has training yes other wise I'd be glad to assist whoever else could do it, cuz I would be freaking out.

And that about sums up our weekend we don't do a ton and we get to enjoy eachother, and we get to eat lots of yummy yummy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment