Friday, November 28, 2014

DIY Santa Belt Ornament Tutorial

Today I am sharing how I made my Santa Belt Ornament. It was pretty simple to make, I am excited to share how easy it is to glitter the inside of a clear ornament. If you are even just slightly crafty  I hope you give this a try and make a few custom ornaments for your tree or to give as gifts. 


You’ll need clear glass ornaments (plastic would work too I think)



Red glitter


Spray adhesive glue



Black ribbon
Silver paint
Small paint brush


Some sort of funnel with small opening (I made mine with paper)





Directions
Take the hook piece off of the ornament

Shake up the spray adhesive well , put the spray part very close to the opening and spray in. This way you won’t get it all on your hands, there will be some fumes that comes out so don’t inhale while spraying.  You want it to pool up at the bottom of the bulb.



Now take it and swirl it around, mine got really cold and fogged up but after a little bit you could see as it went around the ornament. By my second one I had a method down that got it all coated well.
Now take the funnel and glitter and put a lot in there….more than you think you need. I had to add more on each of mine.  Shake it all up, and swirl it around until it is all coated. Then dump out the extra onto a paper plate.



Once that is done the “hard” part is over.  This method can be used with any color to make ornaments and even be decorated to make snowmen, gingerbread, the Grinch, elfs, anything really.

Now take the ribbon and glue It on around the middle. Mine for some reason have an odd rainbow effect on the middle of the ornament. I used it though to guide my ribbon and covered it up for the most part. I used the spray adhesive because I had it there, hot glue would work as well. I sprayed the ribbon and wrapped it around getting it as straight as possible; with the spray if it wasn’t placed right I could pull it off and adjust it.



Now take the silver paint and a small paint brush.  Dip the handle end into the paint and make dots on the ribbon and bulb to make the belt buckle.





Then pop the top piece back on and let the paint dry you’re all done. 


1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute DIY ornament I haven't seen before. I like!

    ReplyDelete