Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Recap- RELAX

   Hey guys I hope you stayed warm this weekend!! I think I’ve been living in my Cuddleduds and yoga pants for the most part haha. I know up at home they got snow, lucky ducks I would appreciate a bit of snow with all these freezing temps!

   Friday Hubs got off the whole day and I only had to sub a half day! Which if you’ve been following you know I just recently started subbing, I totally love it! So we got to spend the afternoon together just hanging out. We didn’t do too much other than lounge around and watch tv. I tried out a new recipe for Apple Cinnamon pork chops and completely re did it my own way. It turned out pretty tasty but is missing something so I am going to work with it some more before I share it with all of you wonderful readers.
   Saturday we slept in and then I made a breakfast of champs. I had a cheese omelet, a couple pancakes, and two rounds of sausage. I rarely actually eat breakfast and never this much food but I was in the mood to cook up a breakfast and it was delicious! 



   We sat around for a bit trying to figure out what we wanted to do. We decided to head to North Little Rock to do some shopping at stores we still had gift cards for from the wedding. We went to Bed Bath and Beyond, which this one is all sorts of backwards compared to the store in Fayetteville. I melted my baster that I had gotten there a couple months ago on Thursday so we decided to get one that wouldn’t melt.  (meet the metal baster) this one is pretty cool it came with an attachable needle injector for injecting turkeys and such. We then headed to Petco to look for some stuff for Tesla but it smelled pretty awful so we got out of there quick. Then we went to Dillard’s, where apparently I was sitting on quite a few gift cards for, we had decided before that we didn’t really need anything for the house I could use the cards for clothes or whatever I wanted. I finally found a pair of jeans, now I have 3 I can wear!  We then headed to taco bell because that big breakfast had worn off. This was possibly the slowest, hottest Taco Bell I have been too but it actually tasted really good so I won’t complain too much haha
The evening was spend cuddled up watching tv.

Hubby discovered the greatness that is
the Snuggie, and Tesla loves to cuddle.
   Sunday we slept in even later then we were able to Saturday. Checking Facebook I found out as I was starting to wake up the Razorbacks took the Boot in a shut out against LSU ending our dry streak. Proud to be a Hog WOOOO PIGG!!  

Photo source
   Once we got up we realized the church we wanted to try started at 9 so we needed to hurry. We got there in time and enjoyed the service, it was different then we are used to but it was better than some of the ones we have tried here. We are still trying to find a church we can call home, it is proving to be much harder than we expected.  The rest of our day involved some hot drinks, blankets, the couch, Xbox, Netflix, computers and relaxing. Overall it was a great day!
   
Typically I like to share what foods we ate over the weekend but I didn’t cook because we had so much left over from the week that we needed to clean out so I have room for all the meals planned for this week J

   I hope you had a wonderful weekend and got to relax as well. What did you do?  Have a fabulous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment