Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup

   
   This is a recipe I found in one of the pins that had a bunch of crock pot recipes to make in one day and freeze. It looked really good and simple to make and best of all in a crock pot so easy clean up. It turned out really well. 

All you need is
A pound of browned hamburger meat



A can of deiced tomatoes



Oregano, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of each



Beef broth, I used bullion cubes with water


1 onion and 1 jalepeno seeded and cut



Mix them all together in the crock pot. If you don’t have crock pot liners you should get some because they save so much time.




Cook on low for 8 hours.

I love my crock pot!!
About 30 minutes before you want to eat mix 1 cup of milk and  1/4 cup of flour stir until there are no clumps and stir into soup. Mix in 8 oz of shredded cheese.  Cook until it has thickened a bit. It will be creamy and delicious.



I didn’t get a picture in the bowl because I was too eager to eat it. 

9 comments:

  1. Now that colder weather is here, this is exactly the type of recipe I love! I can't eat hamburger, but thinking that ground turkey would work just as well. Yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, I use ground turkey in my chili instead of beef and it's delicious! I just season it kinda strong.

      Delete
  2. i've got to start using my crock pot more

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! I can't have milk so I'm wondering if there's an alternative to that. Also, we love pickles on our cheeseburger pizza and I want to try that in this. Any thoughts? Don't even know what pickles would do in a crockpot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what pickles would do...instead of milk you could mix some cornstarch and water together to get it to thicken up. It may not be as creamy but if you can have the cheese then that should make up for it.

      Delete
  4. I always need good soup recipes. Will have to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete