Monday, November 24, 2014

Married Monday: Thankfulness


Thankful-
1:       conscious of benefit received 
2:  expressive of thanks 
3:  well pleased : glad 

   In the spirit of Thanksgiving I’m going to write a thankful post this week. In a marriage it is easy to forget to voice what you’re thankful for in your spouse and marriage. I know I think of things a lot and just assume hubby knows that I am thankful for what he does and appreciate it, but sometimes its better to say it to them so they hear it from you.  You can see from the definition that being thankful is expressing your thanks, being glad for what you have, and being aware of the benefit of what you have. Be aware of the blessing that is your marriage and the blessings in it, remember to say thanks for those things and be pleased with what you have.

   Over the month many people have posted each day something they are thankful for, I had planned to keep a list of these and share once a week or so on here but after the first week  I forgot to keep writing them down, oops. Anyways today I am going to share a few things that I am thankful for.
  • My Husband- I am so so lucky to have found this incredible man. A few weeks ago I was sick and he took such good care of me. He makes me laugh, he eats the food I make, he makes me food, he helps out around the house without being asked, he reminds me why I married him so often. He’s a dork, a nerd, a godly man, my best friend and soul mate. I’m telling you guys this man is the best thing that ever happened to me.
  • Work- I’m so thankful we both have jobs that we like. I’m also glad that Hubby’s job brought us down here. God definitely had a plan when he moved us.
  • The differences between me and hubby- we are two different people who have different opinions and ways of doing and thinking things. It makes for an interesting time sometimes but without it life would be so so boring.
  • Family- I am so thankful for my family both related and not, as well as my new family that I gained when we said “I Do”. I love them all and miss them since we have moved away but for the holiday we get to spend time with them again. And then again for Christmas we will have a whole week together with them.
  • Food- I am thankful for food, for having it and being able to cook well to make fun and healthy meals. I am glad that I have been shown the need in my community for children who don’t have food. I’m so thankful that I can make a difference and help towards ending this problem.
There are tons of things that I am thankful for but these are my top right now as I reflect over what really matters.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment