Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Recap

   Hey guys I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are in the holiday spirit. I got to spend a week at home with family and friends so it was great. There was delicious food and great times hanging out with friends who I don’t get to see as regularly any more.


   Hubby didn’t get to come up as early as I did so we spent two days apart..which is way way to long if you ask us. I drove up to NWA on Monday morning with the sweet Tesla, who threw up twice and ate it again…dogs are so gross. Anyway I got there and got to see my old boss for a little bit who I haven’t got to see since the wedding! I miss her and working there so much! Then I went to see my mom for a quick lunch. I went to the house and hung out with my Lukey who was not so sure of Tesla but he got used to her.  My dad stopped by a bit earlier and I surprised him, he had no idea I had decided to come early. It was great to hang out and see them that evening and just spend time with my parents.

Luke had enough of her and chased her.

My Lukey, I missed him so bad
   Tuesday I got to see my cousin for lunch along with my mom for the first of three visits to Las Palmas. Then a ‘coffee’ date with my best best friend ever, who also happens to be getting married and June and told me that I am going to be a bridesmaid!! Which I’m honored to be! We went to a bridal store and I tried on a few dresses and narrowed down the choices to only two, but I think she already has picked the one she really wants. I can’t wait for what the future holds for her. Me and mom went and saw Hunger Games Mokingjay which was just WOW!

   Wednesday was pretty calm. I had lunch with my daddy at Las Palmas. I went to the store got ingredients for my dishes for Thanksgiving. Got my nails done, first time since the wedding! Then I headed out to the In Laws to wait for Hubby to get home. He appeared sooner than expected and had two women and two dogs run towards him when the door opened.  He greeted his doggy first and she was excited to get a belly rub. I called first during the running so his mamma had to wait a second for me to get my hug in first. Probably the most attention he’s ever gotten from just walking in a door. We had a blast hanging out and cooking together again.

Went Red this time 

She missed him
Pie we cooked up
   Thursday was full of food! We saw everyone in our families and enjoyed stuffing our faces.  Enjoy pics of our food.

My Mother inlaw made this gorgeous thing!

Father inlaw made these amazing Hams!

The Buffet and Hubby pulling the rolls apart

The sides really are what make the meal!

SO MUCH FOOD

Hubby opts for the sandwich style ham
   Friday I got up bright and early to go shopping. I decided to not shop at midnight or on Thursday because I want to get back to what Black Friday is all about, getting up at 4 and going shopping for things you probably won’t buy. My mom and I went to Target, Best Buy, and K-Mart I ended up getting quite a few movies for only $4, they were hard to pass up, plus I got Hubby’s gifts! Then Hubby and I went to eat some Las Palmas, yes that’s my third time in one week, we don’t have good Mexican down here! Then we hung out with friends, had dinner with other friends, and went to see Interstellar which is just even more WOW then Hunger Games! 

Our annual picture at the square

   Saturday we relaxed with the Inlaws and hung out. Telsa got to try running free and she did great at coming when called. We went and picked up my parents old Christmas tree and headed out back down to central Arkansas.  When we got back home we headed to a Friendsgiving, where there was a ton of food and lots of fun people. We had such a great time!

Part of the spread for Friendsgiving!
   I could not have asked for a better week off and at home. Only 3 weeks until Christmas and we get to go back and both of us spend at least a week. My sister will be back this time too so yay!!


   Have a great week!! Come back for yummy recipes, our decorations, and how you can help fight childhood hunger!

No comments:

Post a Comment