Saturday, December 6, 2014

Birchfield's 1st Christmas: Decorations

   Christmas season is here and we are decorated and ready for it. I’ve always enjoyed Christmas time but the last few years have seemed to be more important to me, I’m not sure why maybe it was because I knew they would be the last at home with my parents or maybe it was because I was realizing that family is much more important than anything else. Well this year it is my first not at my parent’s house, first in Conway, and first with Hubby being married. 


   Last weekend we sat our tree up after coming home from Thanksgiving back at home which you can read about here.  We got to figure out how we were going to make a tree that represents both of us. Well it was made easier when my ornaments that I had used on my little tree came up missing, hopefully they will turn up soon and we can make room for them. We decided to go with red and silver as our main theme and adding in the personal ornaments.

Tree stages - all fluffed up


Parker is a big Star Wars fan, I love them too, so he has a lot of related ornaments.



I got him this Captin Kirk our first Christmas as a gift.


Our third Christmas I gave him this little reindeer because I accidentally dropped and broke one of his favorite glass blown ones, which all have now disappeared we think someone may have thrown them away, since they were wrapped in paper towels in a Walmart bag. I actually got two of them so we would have matching ornaments on our trees.


Last year I gave him this snow flake. It was supposed to be a birthstone ornament but instead I used it for the month we were going to get married so it would be an anniversary ornament.


Last year we received this wonderful ornament for our engagement and this year we were given a Mr. and Mrs. ornament with the year on it for getting married.



I wanted to start a tradition of getting each other special ornaments each year, this year I just picked them out though.  I got Hubby a stingray, because it reminds us of the honeymoon and since he loves all things fish and aquarium related. I got myself a cute little mixer ornament, because I love baking and this one actually was cute compared to most.



   Some other decorations around the house are a cute lit present, some fun mini trees that are decorated and sitting on the tv, the coffee table, and as centerpiece on the dining room table. As well as the windows with lights that are so pretty at night. The fish tank with a multi colored rope light on it. And an ornament wreath (tutorial) 







No comments:

Post a Comment