Monday, December 29, 2014

Married Monday: 2015 Goals


   Well 2014 is just about over, which seems insane because that means we’ve been married for close to 6 months. I remember last new year being so excited it was finally the year we were going to be married. I graduated college since then and moved 3 hours away from home, life has changed a lot and I would not trade it for the world. 

   Today I want to put down some goals for my marriage this year. These may not fit everyone but maybe they will give you an idea of something you want to do. Now most of these are things I want to do within myself to then influence the marriage. These are not resolutions because those typically don’t last but rather goals that I will work towards.
  • Pray daily for my marriage specifically. I’m not the best at remembering to pray for things on a daily basis, I do it more as they come to mind and if nothing is going wrong, I’m sad to say, things get missed. So this year I am going to make it a point to daily thank God for my marriage and ask for his guidance and presence within it.
  • Give out more compliments. I try to do this anyway but I don’t believe I say them enough. Daily there is something Hubby does that deserves a compliment, and this year I am going to be sure and say them instead of just thinking it.
  • Have a weekly date night. Doesn’t mean we go somewhere but just set the time to really be together and hang out.
  • Be a better wife. This is a pretty general statement but this year I want to continue to grow as a wife and be even better.
  • Work on my tone and communication skills. This is what I feel my biggest struggle is, I have seen this since becoming married. I want to consciously choose my words carefully and with the meaning I actually want to come across.
   It is said if you share your goals with people you are more likely to stick to it. That is why I am putting this list out there. They may seem little or obvious but this year they are some goals I want to work towards.

2 comments: