Saturday, August 22, 2015

Celebrate with Dessert at McDonald's

I am a brand ambassador for McDonald’s of Central Arkansas and am being compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions though are my own.

   Life has many reasons for celebration, sometimes just surviving the day is one.  Whether it’s a hard day at work, a test day at school or celebrating big news or accomplishments, I like to celebrate with dessert. McDonald’s is a great place to get a dessert to celebrate any occasion.




   They have so many options from apple pie to yogurt parfaits. I remember the classic apple pies that we always would get for my dad whenever we stopped by the local McDonald’s, he loved them. They even have Strawberry and Cremé Pies now. 

   McDonald’s has cookies! Did you know they have fresh baked cookies; I didn’t until a few months ago? They are cooked in-house and served warm. I was a little surprised to be honest at how good they were, and for only  fifty cents each or 3 for one dollar they are a great addition to any meal. There is chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin my favorite!

   The first thing that typically comes to my mind with dessert is ice cream, and McDonald’s has some of the best options around. A McFlurry has been one of my favorite treats since I was little, I enjoy the Oreo one. Funny story, I always thought the spoons were combined with a straw because they had that big opening, they did not work as a straw. One day after a few years I watched them make a McFlurry and realized it was used as a stir stick to mix the Oreo or M&Ms into the ice cream.  Now I can’t forget the ice cream cone, that is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up for only a dollar! They also have hot fudge or caramel sundaes and even a strawberry sundae. Their soft serve is the best out of the other fast food restaurants in my opinion and it's even a reduced fat ice cream.

   The McCafé has brought even more great options for a celebratory drink. Of course there are the classic shake options: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry, wish hit the right spot when you are craving a shake. They also have frappes, this summer they added in the Oreo Frappe which is a nice cold option to get in your caffeine. The other flavor options include: mocha, caramel and chocolate chip. McCafé now has two frozen lemonades strawberry and classic. They are refreshing on a hot summer day. You don’t want to miss out on these.

   We celebrated our offer being accepted on the new house by heading to McDonald’s and getting an ice cream cone and Oreo Frappe.What do you get for dessert at McDonald’s? 

2 comments:

  1. Their chocolate dipped ice cream cone is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to choose because they are all good! The other day I got an Oreo frappe though and it was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete