Friday, August 21, 2015

Buying a House!

   Hubby and I have been looking for a house on and off these last few months since he was told that for work he would be staying here for the foreseeable future. We would get excited then freak out and worry that we weren’t ready, didn’t think we would be able to pay the down payment and still have money in the bank. Well, last week we decided we were ready and could do it financially, we had three houses that we really wanted to see so we called a loan company got pre-approved and went and found a realtor.  That was Monday of last week, we saw 3 houses that night and 5 the next day, none of which were the three that had started this whole thing. The last house scheduled Tuesday was laid out differently than the majority of the others that we saw. It was perfect. And we hadn’t been there 10 minutes and I said I was home. You know that feeling when you just know something is right, it’s pretty much the same feeling I had about my Hubby after only 4 months of dating, when you know you know and that is the end of it. Luckily he loved it too.

   Wednesday I went home to say bye to my sister (she’s in Spain for the semester), Hubby went to look again and took some measurements for furniture to just double check, and he made sure he still like it. One of the originals we wanted had a realtor finally so I thought we needed to see it to make sure we made the right choice, by time we got ahold of the realtor they had an offer already, so that was my sign it was time to let it go. Thursday we went to the house again for me to look around one more time and again I knew it was it. That night we went and made an offer came in low asked for a lot, the  typical first offer. They came back and didn’t budge at all. So we countered and gave them our final and last offer. The seller said no, so Friday night I was sure we had lost it and was a little disappointed.  Saturday morning they came back and agreed to all that we wanted except the refrigerator. Which was enough for Hubby to fight it over, yes we came back and said we wanted that fridge and would end it all over it. Picky I know.

   Sunday we got the best news, they agreed!! We had bought a house! So this week we have changed loan providers to a local bank to simplify things, got a home inspection, and are waiting on the appraisal. It has been a crazy 2 weeks and we are so so excited for this! We close three weeks from today!

   Now it is packing and planning furniture layout time. I was so excited to move into the townhouse we are in now, to be able to set things up the way I wanted. This though a whole house that we own, that I can go in and paint if we think it needs something changed. More room to store things and more places to decorate and make the house feel homey.

The almost official new home of the Birchfield's!!

   Do you remember the first house you bought? How did the process go for you? Any moving or decorating tips for me? I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! My hubby bought our first house a few months before we got married. We're still living in it, haha! You are going to have so much fun making it your own. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are excited, more pictures will be up soon as we move in :)

      Delete