Friday, August 14, 2015

Back to School: As a Substitute

   We are approaching back to school time, for Conway they kids start back Monday and college kids start back Thursday. I am one of the few that has generally always enjoyed the start of the school year, I got new supplies, a new schedule and getting to see everyone again. As a sub, I am getting ready to start my second year of teaching. I probably though won’t start for a couple weeks, I don’t expect teachers to be out at the very start of the year.



   I am so excited to get back to working in the classroom. Even as a sub there is still prepping that needs to be done for the beginning of the year. I have gotten some fun ‘prizes’ for the really good students, a couple lesson plans that can be worked into any grade, and my note to teachers, all packed up in my Sub bag ready to go whenever I do get my first assignment.


   Here is a printable of the sheet that I leave teachers of how the day went. I put all my contact info on it so that they are able to contact me when they need a sub again. Also so that if they have any questions about the day they can reach me. 

   My favorite prizes are pencils, erasers and kids love to get stickers! I have a cute little bag from 31 that I put them in and sit out at the beginning of the day. Throughout the day, I give points out to the people who are doing what they are supposed to. The three with the most points at the end of the day get to choose from the prize bag. 

   Pinterest is my favorite place to find lesson plans for just in case. I never had to use my backup plans last year, but you never know. They are good to have even if they only can fill up just a little bit of time. 

I'm thrilled for the start of the year. Can't wait to get back in the room and teach some great kids. Have a wonderful first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment