Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Recap and Steak and Egg Burritos

   This weekend we went back home to visit the families. My sisiter is going back to New York for school and we won’t see her until Christmas break.  We took the wonderful hot mess of a dog we have and she got to spend time at her ‘grand parents’ while we got a break from her and went to hang out with my family.

   It was nice to see everyone and get to relax a little bit and hubby got to show off his new quad copter. Which is pretty cool. I got to see my doggy who I miss, even more now that we have a puppy who doesn’t listen even half as well as he does. He has been not to happy the last times I saw him since I left the house but this week he was glad to see me.


Hubby’s dog was not as pleased to see him though, mostly because we brought the baby to stay with her. They got along pretty well though.  And she sure enjoyed laying out by the pool as well.




We had some yummy food while we home as well, we had some tacos for lunch and subs for dinner. When making a cold cut sandwich and you have French onion dip, go ahead and put some on the sandwich it is delicious. Sunday morning we made breakfast burritos and they were so good.




There is not a specific recipe but I will share what we had in them.
Roasted potatoes- cubed tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary and baked at 400 and stirred watch carefully until done.
Sauteed Mushrooms- slice mushrooms and saute in red wine
Carmelized onions- sliced onions, olive oil, and little butter cooked on low heat with lid on to steam them up then to get a little color take the lid off and cook until you like
Eggs- salt peeper and eggs
Steak- seared in a smoking hot cast iron skillet, for 6 min on one side then 3 min on the other side then put in the oven at 500 for just a few minutes
Cheddar cheese
Put them all in a tortilla then place on a griddle and toast each side to give it that really good tortilla flavor.

   We had a great time this weekend with our families but we were glad to get back home.

   It was brought to my attention that I need to keep my post schedule; well I took Friday off to work on some crafts that you will see this week! And don’t worry I won’t be missing my post days anymore.

Hope you had a great weekend, and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment