Sunday, August 3, 2014

I'm Married!!!??!!

   Thank you for giving my little blog a try. I have attempted to start many different ones over the years and always seem to taper off after a few entries that really weren’t even that good.  The difference between those and this one is mainly this time I want to write and I want to share my recipes, thoughts, and ideas, I want to share what I feel starting this incredible new journey of being a wife. This time I want to stick to it, that’s the biggest difference, and I will this time. 

   Well as of the time I write this post I have been married for all of three weeks, and I must say I had no idea the change it really would be.  We had been together four years and two months the day we said I Do so I thought not much would be different other than living with each other and being together a lot more of the day. Well really that is what changed but a lot came with that.

   Here’s what I’ve noticed the most. Sharing a bed magnifies the amount of body heat you feel. Sharing a bathroom shows how much stuff you both have and that I have no idea why I have so much hair supplies. Sharing a closet shows how differently you organize your things, (mines the sloppier way).  Sharing a living room means having to watch shows that you don’t find even remotely interesting, and that sitting in the dark with only the TV light is really not going to kill you. 

   Now these may sound like complaints but really they aren’t, they are things that you realize when you live with someone and your space is no longer yours only. See I left my home that I have lived in my whole life to a new town 3 hours away, that alone is not easy. Add in sharing all the space with someone I have not lived with that makes it a tad more not easy. I do however believe that this is the only way that we as a couple would ever truly succeed and lean on each other. I also know that these few weeks have taught us both a lot, about each other and ourselves.

   It’s not easy and not always pleasant but it is so stinking awesome! I get to make a home with the one person I love most in this world. I get to set up a brand new home the way I want it done, that’s pretty neat in its own self.  I wouldn’t trade a single moment of it for the world. 

   Now be sure and come back Tuesday for another post (honeymoon!!) and Wednesday for some delicious recipes! And I am always glad to have feedback so leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply. 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! :) I found you via ARWB. :) ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've been married for thirteen years, and we're still learning new things about each other. That will never stop, and it's what keeps life interesting!

    I'm visiting from ARWB too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13 years! That's awesome thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!!! Loved reading your blog!! Looking forward to your next entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Looking forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete