Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year: My 2016 Word


   Have you heard of My One Word? Instead of making a long list of resolutions for the new year, you pick one word and focus the changes you want to make around that word. It can be a difficult task to pick one word or to know what kind of word you should pick. I haven't accomplished this before, I could never come up with a good word or I forgot about it about a month into it. This year is different, though.


   This word randomly popped up into my mind this morning when I was thinking about a post ideas. I was actually thinking how great this post would be and as I thought about the whole focus of it I realized that I needed it that word and to focus on it in life. So while I will still be partially writing that post today and over the coming months I am choosing this as my one word for the year. So you are dying to know the word I'm sure....

ACCEPTANCE
Yup, seems simple but I've realized that it comes into play in so many circumstances that I need to practice it more often and more consciously. 

Definition- 1 The act of taking or recieving something offered. 2 favorable reception;approval;favor.
I'm mainly focousing on the second part of the deffintion. 

Where I want to start: Accept...
  • Myself, just the way I am. I have lived for years not liking something about me, the way I look, the way I act, how I do this or that. Its just crazy I'm tired of not feeling good enough and the only one saying I'm not being me. I don't understand why we are so hard on ourselves and give our kind words and thoughts to others. But not this year, this year I am going to love myself with all my issues and be fine with them. I am on my way to the healthiest I have ever felt and been. That alone is enough to make me feel the love I have for my body.
  • Others. Not to say I don't accept other people, but I need to do it on a deeper level. You know how those judgemental thoughts always creep in no matter how hard you try, even if they aren't said you know they are there. I want to practice being more open and just accept who they are and go on. 
  • Change. I do not like change, never have and sometimes I do not cope to well with it. So I will work on accepting the changes that this year throughs at me. Hopefully though their aren't to many huge ones, life is pretty good as it is.
  • Difference. Having thoughts and opinions that are different then others is what makes us all our own person. Its important for society that we are not all the same obviously. But sometimes the differences between myself and someone else can be hard to handle and just let it go. So accepting the differences that make us all unique without hesitating. 
 Do you have a word for the year? Have any tips on practing more acceptance? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment