Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili


Easy crock pot chicken chili, with taco flavors and corn and beans. A great #healthy #weeknight dinner.


   I typically don’t make chicken in the crock pot, I tried when we first got married and it turned out dry and one time burnt. I thought it was the crock pot, but it made everything else perfectly, so I decided no more chicken in there. But when I saw this recipe and the blogger said that hers is normally dry as well and this one was moist and perfect, I decided to go for it. I am so glad I did because it is amazing and on our list to make often.

Easy crock pot chicken chili, with taco flavors and corn and beans. A great #healthy #weeknight dinner.
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
1 onion chopped (I didn’t add this but added some dehydrated onion instead)
1 16 oz black beans
2 8 oz can tomato sauce (or 16 oz if you can find it)
1 can of corn kernels (or 10 oz package of frozen)
2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes (original calls for cans with chilis, I used one can of chili ready tomatoes and one can of regular diced)
1 packet of taco seasoning ( I like El Paso)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp cayenne pepper (original calls for chili powder, I didn’t have any so cayenne worked for me)
24 oz chicken breast
Chili peppers chopped if you want extra spice

Easy crock pot chicken chili, with taco flavors and corn and beans. A great #healthy #weeknight dinner.

  1. Combine everything except chicken in slow cooker  and stir to combine. Place Chicken on top and cover.
  2. Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
  3. About 30 minutes before serving take the chicken out and shred. I used my kitchen aid and just put it on 4-6 for a couple minutes and it was perfect. Return the chicken, stir and let finish cooking.
  4. Serve with chips and cheese.  Sour cream if you’d like as well.
Easy crock pot chicken chili, with taco flavors and corn and beans. A great #healthy #weeknight dinner.
Look at that melty cheese! YUMM!
Note: Chicken should be thawed or mostly thawed to ensure safe cooking temperatures.
Note: Beans and Corn can be drained if you like. I was concerned with drying out so I just dumped the can straight in and had no problem.

Easy crock pot chicken chili, with taco flavors and corn and beans. A great #healthy #weeknight dinner.
   We loved this recipe and are glad to have found a good chicken chili. For two people, this serves as two dinners and two lunches each or 4 dinners.  

Easy crock pot chicken chili, with taco flavors and corn and beans. A great #healthy #weeknight dinner.

What is your favorite crock pot meal? I am looking forward to many this fall and winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment