Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Recap- Craft Fair Weekend

    Friday night I headed up to Springdale or home as I call it. It was time for the annual Craft Fair weekend. This was one of my top trips over the last few years.  

   I spent the day Saturday hanging out with my mom hitting up two of the closer ones to the house. We sampled lots of dips, of course, I love dip mix taste samples at these types of events. We even bought a couple and we each got this adorable little serving dish.



   There were a lot of really neat things to see and the vendors were selling and doing great.  I talked to one vendor who said they had sold out completely on Friday and his dad had driven down from Tulsa with more for Saturday and they were going through it pretty fast. I bought some of his seasonings for Chicken Cachetorie and can’t wait to make it.


   As we walked through I was looking for decorations and even some holiday decorations for the house. I found this cute wooden snowman that lit up and could sit on the porch this Christmas. He was $10 and I just could not pass him up.  


   After we were done at the shows, we hung out and just relaxed. There is something about being back at your childhood house that is relaxing and lets you just let go for a while. We went to a yummy dinner at Logans, which had an amazing baked sweet potato. Which I thought to take a picture of once it was already partly gone.


   It was wonderful to relax and spend time with my parents and just be home for a couple days. I did miss my Hubby, though and of course Tesla and Chester. As nice as it is to go away, it is always great to come home and sleep in my own bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment