Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Weekend Recap

   This weekend has been a busy one, but great. Friday evening after a nap we went to the Arkansas State Fair with our friends and had a blast. Saturday morning we slept in and then decided a trip back home for the night would be fun. We came back Sunday afternoon and I set out to make our first week of a new meal plan.

   We went opening night to the fair and it was a blast. We watched the Cycle Wall of Death show, a set of three brothers rode motorcycles and a go-cart around and up a wall. I tried to catch a few pictures but they went too fast so I decided to take a video. This is when he was collecting money out of people's hands as he went around. It was pretty impressive. They also had two go at the same time and one was above the other on the wall.


   We went got an order of fried Oreo's and a corn dog of course. I'm not even kidding something magical happens when you fry an Oreo, the cream melts away and the cookie is soft, plus who doesn't love some funnel cake batter! The corn dog was exceptionally delicious as well.  We visited the petting zoo where they had a variety of goats. A zebra, a cute turtle, a sweet cow, and a kangaroo.






   Then Saturday morning we took a drive to Springdale and hung out with the in-laws. We got to go to a favorite Mexican restaurant that we miss so much. We got to relax and just visit. It was a good short trip. I look forward to going back up this weekend to shop craft fairs with my mom!

Parker found some Star Wars Statues 

   Sunday when we got home I started to meal plan for the week. We are starting the Trim Healthy Mama Plan and I am so excited! The cookbook has some wonderful sounding recipes and I bought the plan book so that I could understand how to use the recipes to achieve our goals. Wednesday I will review the book along with the first couple recipes I tried out! Be on the look out for updates and how the plan is working for us.


I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Monday! Have a great week.

We clinked candy corn on the way home, cheers fall!



2 comments:

  1. Fried oreos is the reason foodgasm was invented. True story ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely believe that! I am in love with them!

      Delete