Sunday, November 22, 2015

McTeacher's Night

I am a brand ambassador for McDonald’s of Central Arkansas and am being compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions though are my own.


   McTeacher's Night is a fundraising event that many McDonald's do for the schools in their communities. It's a fundraising event where teachers from a school come work at McDonald's for an evening. 
   I was lucky enough to attend my first McTeachers Night and support a school that I sub at frequently. The teachers get a chance to work the drive-thru windows and take orders at the counter. In addition to the teachers taking orders, there were many teachers talking to families, taking donations, greeting at the door, and taking pictures. Ronald McDonald was also there taking pictures and handing out smiles.


   The night I went was very busy. It was great to see that so many students and parents were supporting their school. The school received 20% of the profits from the night. Each grade level had an hour that they were assigned to work, this made it easy for students to come when their teacher was working. The assistant Principal told me that they have done it a couple years now and really enjoy it. I asked a couple of the teachers if it was a fun experience for them, all their replies were similar, they enjoy seeing the parents and having a chance to visit. They are all thankful for the amazing group of parents that they have.   

   What I found even more exciting was that Ronald McDonald visited the school that day. He did a magic show and visited with the students. I'm sure that the kids loved it. I don't know if he always gets to visit the school, but I bet that if you asked for him he would try his best.
   McTeacher's Night looked like a blast if you are a teacher talk to your administration about working with your local McDonald's. It’s a fun way to fundraise and interact with families in the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment