Friday, November 13, 2015

Cookbook Review: Phoenix Claws and Jade Trees By Kian Lam Kho

I received this book from blogging for books in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


   This cookbook is right up my ally. I love books that don't only give you recipes but share a history and insight into a culture. I have loved Chinese food for as long as I can remember, it just plain makes me happy. I like to think of myself as a decent Chinese food chef. This book shows great recipes with traditional flavors from each region. 

   One of my favorite things about this book is that he breaks down flavors and dishes that are found in each region. There are many types of cuisine that can be found in China and each is unique and influenced by the history of the area. I have found many recipes that I am excited to try out. There is a recipe for peeking duck that looks divine and perfect. It is one that I can not wait to try out and share with my family. 
    The pictures in this book are incredible. They are laid out in an interesting way but are beautiful and I could just look through the book for them alone. 
   If you love Chinese food and want to make some very traditional flavors with a great explanation I highly recommend this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment