Monday, July 13, 2015

Married Monday: Marriage Bible Verses, Proverbs 12:4 and 18:22

   



   The Bible is my favorite book, even though a lot of it I don’t understand without re reading it a few times and going to look up some meanings behind it. I think that’s perfectly fine though because there is a lot of important information and lessons in there that can help and serve as a guideline for life. Any part of life you need help with, guidance on, or reflection the Bible has it covered, if you take the time to read into it and between the lines. Marriage is covered throughout the Bible often and in many ways, today I want to look at two verses that celebrate marriage, and give me something to strive for as a wife.

Proverbs 12:4 A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.

   When I read this it makes me say “wow”, because as a wife I can either be a crown or decay to my husband. That’s a lot of pressure to not screw up, I want nothing to do with being decay in my husband’s bones. It has to do with my character that is what makes the difference. Knowing that my character no longer only affects me but affects my husband, that makes me want to be even better then I had tried to be before.

   A women who is virtuous (a proverbs 31 women) is a crown to her husband. Meaning that she adds joy to his life, she honors him and makes his life better.  But a women who brings shame or is disgraceful to her husband acts as poison in his life. This women is weak, wasteful, immodest and immoral, she deprives her husband of joy and strength.

   A wife is glory to man as man is glory to God, and as wives we are called to honor our husbands. Read this post to explore deeper the roles of husbands and wives.  Each day is new and a chance to better yourself, I choose each day to be a crown to my husband and bring joy to him.



Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the lord.

   This verse is pretty simple and straight forward in my eyes, but it can still be read into and a deeper thought come out.

   A good wife (like a husband) is a gift from God, a man who has found a wife already has some favor from the lord. Marriage itself is a gift and favor from our great Father, and being married is better than being alone for life. It is a blessing, a man who is given a good wife, like the one above, will have a long, fruitful, and happy life all of which are gifts from the lord.

   I enjoyed diving deeper into these two verses this week, I hope you did to. This is the first Marriage Bible Verse Married Monday post that will become a monthly regular. I have wanted to use the platform as a way to speak the word of God more often and this I believe is the way.  Let me know if there are certain verses you would like to see featured, I love hearing your feedback.

Let’s have a conversation, answer these questions by leaving a comment below:
  1. What do you do to be a crown to your husband?
  2. What verse do you cling to for your marriage?
Sources: 1, 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment