Friday, July 17, 2015

Conway Farmers Market



    Farmers markets are such wonderful places, full of nice people and good food. They are a way to support local farmers while getting some of the freshest foods. I have been trying to be more conscious of where my food comes from lately, both while eating out and when preparing my own meals. I knew that to get the best local produce I needed to head to Conway Farmer’s Market.
   The market is held Saturday and Tuesday mornings in two locations. Here you can find berries, grass fed beef, tomatoes, baked goods, and handmade objects. It is a wonderful assortment and a nice place to talk to the farmers and makers. 
  
   I went last Tuesday and came out with a bag of green beans that look delicious and a small bag of handmade doggy treats. I talked with the maker of the dog treats, she said she saw so many dogs walk by she figured it would be worth a shot to bake a batch and see how they turned out. She sold out of all 30 bags her first day. Tesla thinks they are the bomb.


   I can’t wait to go back and see all the other vendors that are there on Saturday mornings, I heard a rumor that there is a food truck that sells giant breakfast burritos! Saturday seems to be the day to shop, there are many more vendors and a lot more people that come to shop. I enjoyed going on a Tuesday though, it wasn’t crowded and I had the chance to really look through all the products to choose what I wanted to take home.

       I have big plans for my green beans. I’m going to cook them like I would any fresh green bean, but then I am going to fry them up with some garlic and onions. I can not wait to eat them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment