Friday, July 10, 2015

I'm Married!!!??!! One Year Later

   I can hardly believe that we have been married a year, it doesn’t even seem possible. I feel like we just said I do! About a year ago I wrote this post, after we had gotten back from the honeymoon and settled in to our new home and roles. So today I want to share some reflections and thoughts from the year.

    It has been the most exciting, emotional, scary, and best year of my life. Marriage is not for the faint of the heart and it is something that you don’t truly understand until you’re there.  I have loved every moment and wouldn’t trade it for the world.

   Living with someone is the biggest change and no matter how well you know them, you learn even more. This includes the little differences you have about your morning routine, loading the dishwasher, or watching TV.  I can’t even remember how it was to not live with him and that happened much faster than I would have thought, since I had always lived in the same house with my family.

   We have got to enjoy trips together, just because we felt like it. We went to Atlanta for the weekend mainly just to see the aquarium. We went to Hot Springs and watched the horse races at Oaklawn, which was so much fun. We took a week this summer and went to Orlando, and got to see things we had never seen before, including South Arkansas's Soy Bean crops.

   We went on adventures.  Some were hiking a mountain, went on a trail ride, hiked to a waterfall, and drove around with no plans. These were some of the best parts of the year, just the two of us in nature hanging out. So much fun!




   We have grown together, we are not the same people or couple we were a year ago. We have always been a very strong couple but now we are even stronger then I could imagine. We have figured out a much more effective way of communicating, it took a bit but we got there. Individually we have grown up a lot. A year ago we were fresh graduates jumping into the world unsure of how any of it would go, trusting in our love. Now we have had real grown up jobs, we pay bills, we own one of our cars and are saving up for a house next year.

Graduation Day
     While we have grown up we are still kids at heart. We love to be a little goofy, to watch cartoons, and play around.  I believe this is such an important part of marriage, because life gets tough and you have to remember to not take yourself too seriously. I was told once that the best person to marry is the one that can make you laugh, and it is so true, I can always count on him to make me laugh even when I don’t want to.


   I love this life that we have created and could not have asked for a better one. Our crazy family is the best, even when our fur baby drives me insane.  Here’s to many more wonderful years


Life just wouldn't be the same without her. She just turned 1 too!

No comments:

Post a Comment