Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Fresh Green Beans

   A couple weeks ago I went to the Conway Farmers Market, and came out with some great looking green beans! I wasn’t completely sure wit what they would go in but for $3 I could not pass them up. 

Here is what I did with them.

First I cleaned them up. I washed them to get off all the dirt and germs.  Cut the ends off. I tried to make sure they were all about the same size.




Then cook them. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop in the beans for about 6-8 minutes until they are tender and at the doneness you like.



Now you have delicious fresh green beans!

1 way to prep them

Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet at some crushed garlic. Once all is melted add in the green beans and toss until warm and well coated.

Another option

Put them in a vegetable mix. For my lunches I make a mix of whatever vegetables I have bought that week. This time I had a carrot, pea, corn mixture, added in some extra peas and the green beans. Seasoned with Greek seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, and a touch of salt. Served up with some chicken and brown rice and it is the perfect lunch!



What do you make with your fresh green beans?

1 comment:

  1. ooooh this made me hungry :) I love green beans. I don't know why, they've just always been by far my favourite veggie! :D I love how you prepared them, too! :) I'll be trying that out!

    Rebecca Lindenbach | Life as a Dare

    ReplyDelete