Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekend Recap Snowed In in Springdale

   Hey guys it sure has been a while since I did a recap but this weekend sure does deserve one. Lets start with Thursday.

    Thursday was Hubby’s birthday so I made him his requested Lasagna which you can find here, and French Silk Pie (recipe here)! They were delicious and made for a great birthday dinner.



   Friday the craziness began. My dad had been in the hospital since Tuesday for a bad foot infection. He got a wound and then the blood flow to his foot was blocked so it could not heal and it got very badly infected. Wednesday they went in and opened the blood flow so that after surgery it would be able to heal well. Yes surgery. That is why my weekend was crazy. The surgery was scheduled for Friday afternoon so I drove up that morning to be there with my mom and for my dad. See we have been through many surgeries with him before but they were all much more serious so foot surgery didn’t seem as daunting for us waiting then it normally does. But for my dad I’m sure when they said we are taking a toe off it was scary, which it should be. No one wants to lose a toe, but in this case if it’s one toe versus the foot it’s acceptable. The bone itself was infected so it had to be gone to get the infection out of his body. The surgery was short and the doctor was very pleased with how it went he kept taking until he found the clean bone and then sowed it back up, it was the toe and its bone about half way up the foot. But recovery other then adjusting and letting it completely heal was a better outcome then they thought it would be. It had been mentioned he may have to continue to have antibiotic iv treatment every other day to finish treating, but when the doctor came out from surgery he said it would only have oral antibiotics once he goes home,. So over all it turned out to be the best worse case scenario that could have happened when he went into the hospital on Monday. Which we are all very thankful for.

   The snow started to fall right about when dad came out of surgery Friday, I had planned to stay the night and then go home Saturday afternoon. By time dad had gotten back to his room a couple hours after surgery everything was covered in snow and people were having wrecks all over the place. We made it from the hospital to the house and it was still just huge snow flakes.
Saturday we got up and everything was covered in fluffy white snow, and it was still coming down there was no way I was going to make it out of town that day. We hung out at the hospital for the day. It was nice to get to hang out with my mom on her birthday which wouldn’t have happened otherwise.  By Saturday night it was freezing mist that was in the air and coating everything in ice. I was not looking forward to having to stay an extra day.


   Sunday we awoke to ice covered everything. So we got to the hospital and hung out there for a few hours. Then the temps started to rise and the roads had been treated enough they were being cleared off by other people driving. It looked like I could leave soon. After checking how the roads were towards the mountain that I was going to have to go up and down on, while on bridges hundreds of feet in the air above hard ground, I decided that I was ready to brave it and get back home to my Hubby and puppy.  Thankfully there was only one area that was covered in fog and hard to see that slowed me way down, other than that it was either a bit wet or had been drove on enough that it had dried up and my journey did not take much longer than normal and I made it home safe and sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment