Monday, December 21, 2015

Married Monday: Fun Christmas Ideas for Couples



  4 days until Christmas! I can't believe that it is time and the year is almost over, it seems like last Christmas was just the other day. We have all our gifts wrapped and sitting under our shiny tree just waiting to be opened. We are excited to be headed home in just a couple days to spend time with our families. I love Christmas time.

   With the bustle these last few days before Christmas it is easy to forget to spend a little extra time with your spouse and have a one on one moment. These are a couple ideas that are fun for the days leading up to Christmas, Christmas Eve and even Christmas day.




  • 12 Days of Christmas- There are many different versions and ideas on Pinterest of doing 12 Days for your husband. This year was my second time to do it for Hubby and he loves it. I'm hoping to make this a tradition that we switch off each year or that I get to do for him. Each day I have sent him the verse of the day and a little cute saying of what hes getting for the day or a hint. This year I decided to do it as a text he gets during the day and if he gets a gift it has been sitting in an elf hat for him. Before we were married I did the same but he had letters to open each day and they directed him to open a gift.
Christmas Eve
  • Christmas Pajamas- Surprise him with a set of new PJs for him. This is one that I have wanted to do but haven't yet. Maybe next year. I love the idea of having matching pajamas to wake up and open presents in.
  • Open 1- Take a moment alone and give each other one gift early. Everyone loves to open something on Christmas Eve so if you have kids or are with family it is a great time to do it just the two of you.
Christmas Day
  • Breakfast- Wake up early and make him a special breakfast just for you two.
  • Notes- Hide notes in places he will be throughout the day. Little I love you, sweet sayings, and Christmas saying notes are fun to find. You could make it a game and when he finds them all he can get a surprise gift.
Oh and I can not forget to mention you must kiss under the mistletoe if you see any.

   I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and soak up each moment. Time really does seem to fly by as we get older. I try my best to enjoy each day and make the most of it, that is not always easy during the Holidays. These are just a few ideas to slow down these busy days and enjoy the moment.

  Do you have any fun traditions that you and your husband does? I would love to hear from you, just leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment