Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

   If you know me in real life then you know that Harry Potter is a slight obsession of mine. I have seen the movies so many times I can pretty much say the lines with them, I have read the books and read a lot of random facts about the magical world. Now finally I can say I have been to Hogwarts, I’ve flown on the Quiditch patch, I got to go to Diagon alley, pick a wand, and shop in Weasley’s Wizards Wheezes Shop. Guys I got to experience the world of Harry Potter and let me say it was one of the top experiences of my life.

   We took our vacation this year to Orlando, Florida and spent 3 days at Universal Studios, a day at Sea World, and a day relaxing. It was filled with food, fun, and magic.  Today I am going to share with you what we did and saw in Hogsmead and Diagon Alley. So be prepared for a pretty photo heavy post. I want to start with saying that I don’t really do roller coasters or rides that turn me many ways, I did though agree to ride all in the Wizarding World, and that I did and they were a lot of fun. The detail that was put into each ride and experience was incredible.  The Forbidden Journey was the very best ride that I have ever been on and Hubby’s too, who has been on many rides. I did learn that 3D and 4D rides are not nearly as bad because you are immersed in the experience.

   We went to Hogsmead first and it was breath taking. The buildings look like the movies, each with covered with snow on the roofs, as you enter you see the Hogwarts Express engine and you can even get a picture with the conductor.  





   Then you see Hogwarts, and its huge, exactly like it should be! The ride The Forbiden Journey first takes you thorugh the castle as you wait in line. You go through the halls with the talking pictures, Gryfendor common room, Dumbledoors office,  and the Dark Arts room where you get to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione who explain they are going to take you to the quiditch pitch. 

Hogwarts in all its glory. 

In the Dark Arts Room

Sorting Hat! It even talked.

Another castle picture. 

The entry to the grounds.


The pensieve, one of my favorite things in Dumbledoors office

Sherbet Lemon ;) 


  As you walk through Hogsmead you can go to Olivanders Wand Shop and watch a wand choose its owner. Which was very cool to watch, great shop keeper and wonderful special effects.  It also includes Honeydukes, The Three Broomsticks, and a few others. There were many window displays that were so detailed.




   Riding the Hogwarts Express was a very interesting experience. As you ride you here the main characters talking, see a dementor hand, the Malfoy Mansion, London, country side, and even Hagrid and Mooney. Be sure to go both ways because it is a different experience each time.





   When you enter Kings Crossing from the train, then leave the station you are in London where you can see the Knight Bus and Grimmauld Place where you can see Kreacher peaking from the window.



Then you take an alley and you enter Diagon Alley, through the open brick wall. And as you enter you hear the music from the movies and are transported to another world. Weasley’s Wizards Wheezes is so awesome, they have all the treats from the books, puking pastels, love potions and the likes. The place to buy all your magical 
I'm such a nerd this made me sooo happy.

Umbridge just like in the movies! 
Yes Knockturn Alley is there to.
Very dark so no pictures turned out.
We joined the Dark Lord while in Knockturn Alley!

Lockhart's book!

Where all the best wizards
 get there clothing needs 

Owl Post

Gringots is awesome!  The goblins are so realistic looking and the whole bank is pretty neat. The ride while not as good as Hogwarts is still very well done. This one has more drops and you get a chance to see Voldermort and Belitrix who hit you with different spells.


So realistic!! The moved their heads and blinked pretty cool.

Butterbeer the popular wizard drink is delicious! We drank a ton of it and are going to attempt to make some at home. Wednesday I will be discussing the food we ate while there so I will go into detail on the amazingness that is Butterbeer. But for today here is a picture of it and the guarantee that you have got to get some!



No comments:

Post a Comment