Monday, September 21, 2015

Married Monday: Five Tips to Make Him feel Appreciated


   Our husbands are great, if, for no other reason than they put up with us, they should be reminded of their awesomeness on a regular basis.  With the holidays right around the corner, life is about to get busier than normal and letting him know how great he is will get pushed to the back of our minds. That’s why today I am going to share some simple ways to show him how much he is appreciated.
  • Make him breakfast. Does he normally leave before you or leave before you’re ready for the day? Hubby does on the days that I don’t work, and even though I make an effort to be up like normal, lately I have not been doing so well. So if I was to get up early and have breakfast ready for him once he was out of the shower then he would be surprised.  It doesn’t take getting up hours earlier, just a few minutes and make him something he enjoys. For me, that would mean making an omelet or pancakes, which is a win for me too because, yumm pancakes!
  • Do one of his chores. If there is something around the house that he does every day or every week do it for him. You could rake the leaves up so he doesn’t have to worry about them, take out the trash, or any of the other things that you wouldn’t normally do. He doesn’t mind doing them I’m sure, but everyone likes a break from the boring chores.
  • Make him his favorite dessert. Out of the blue make him his favorite dessert that he doesn’t get to have that often. Hubby loves chocolate chip cookies and brownies but we have those a lot, to treat him I would make his favorite pie which takes a long time and I make a big mess making it. Making his pie would show him that I wanted him to feel special for the day.
  • Leave a note. I love finding notes around the house from my hubby that are silly or sweet. It is great to know he was thinking about me. Same goes for him, even if they aren’t the mushy type, most people like kind notes. Write him a few notes and hide them where he will find them during his daily activities and they are sure to put a smile on his face.
  • Plan a date night for him. Even during the busy  holiday season it is important to spend time together. For this date plan it all about him. It could be a night in with one of his favorite movies and snacks, or a night out on the town doing activities that he enjoys. Let him know that you appreciate him for all he does and that you are thinking of him and not yourself.

   Even when life gets busy and showing some extra love is easy to forget, it is important to let him know how great he is. Take some time to show him just how awesome he is, it doesn’t have to be anything too elaborate just let him know that you are thinking about him.


   What are some ways you show your husband that he is appreciated? I would love to hear from you in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment